Friday, March 23, 2012

adding to my wkouts

So I know I always struggle, so I decided to make a few changes, first of all let me say I'm not a great runner but I did enjoy jogging outside a few years ago, I use to go after work and enjoyed the rush after its done...that's how I lost some of my weight. I signed up for the Rock n Roll marathon in June, I'm excited and nervous, I started running again and on Tuesday I did ok, I'm not seeing how many miles I'm doing yet I'm trying to just build my stamina, I took our boxer with us and boy he was tired!!! I forgot how many calories I can burn running!!! I did wear my HRM to see and it said over 500 woohoo!! but it was 45min of jogging/walking.

On days I'm not jogging (I switch every other day) I make sure to do something, so on Wednesday I played Just Dance 3 with Genesis shes been asking and I keep being to busy (bad mommy) so I did it and yes wore my HRM and burned 400cal in 40min!! haha she had soooo much fun and so did I.....Angel was dancing away also =)

So since that was my "rest day" of jogging I ran yesterday (Thursday) and man!! I felt like my legs couldn't keep going I didn't last tooo long but did ok, I didn't push myself to much I don't want to hurt myself.....but I did good =) I woke up feeling sore and "thin" lol I know silly but I'm also trying to watch how much I eat I did notice I didn't eat much yesterday not purposely, I think I had to much going on taking my son to his orthopedic appointment then home to jog then shower get things ready, by the time I noticed it was late! I'm trying to not eat heavy or much after 7.....so water it was!!

I cant wait to see how much better I get at jogging I don't have a set time to finish the marathon the limit is 4hrs for 13miles so I want to finish with that once I get use to it next time I will set a personal goal.....I know I wont loose alot adding the jogging but I know I will feel better about me.....and so far I do , If you live close come and cheer for me June 3 =)) lol

2 comments:

Iris said...

I can't believe you are going to do it and I am beyond excited for you! BEYOND! :D I know you will be able to do it!

Papi's Girl said...

I am excited for you too. I am super proud of you. It is a challenge that will pay off big when you cross the finish line. Even if you don't run the whole thing just the energy and idea that you accomplished something you set your mind too will give you such motivation to continue your healthy journey. I ran the same marathon. I wish I could do it with you or come watch.

I told Iris we should plan on all of us doing a fun race together next year. Like maybe one with an obstacle course. :)

I have to confess that I was initially concerned with you said you were going to run a marathon. I know how you already struggle to find time to workout and I know how much time it takes to train. BUT I am confident you will make it happen if you really want it. :)

Like Iris said "I know you can it".