Thursday, April 19, 2012

New food....

So last night I gave the girls a choice as to what were having for dinner, I gave them 2 options:

Chicken burritos (chicken breast sauteed with peppers onions and put in a whole wheat tortilla with salsa) and brown rice

Or pasta with chicken of course they chose the pasta! So I went to Fresh and Easy and bought some Brown Rice pasta (never used it before) some Organic Marinara sauce and some bread.............went home and made dinner...I added some thyme, rosemary and basil to the sauce I sauteed the chicken breast in some olive oil seasoned with Mrs Dash cooked the noodles and TADA!
I wanted to make sure they had a good hearty HEALTHY meal......(Yes I know the bread wasn't healthy!) By the time hubby came home dinner was ready, we all sat down and had dinner together (except Gena she didn't eat she wasn't hungry even though I said NO food after 7pm if you don't eat that's it) Oni and Akira LOVED it!
I didn't tell them it was healthy until they were done and Oni went and said it was filling and really good Akira said the same....... I'm happy I can change the foods they love to something I'm ok with serving, I don't always make 100% healthy foods but I do my best to make sure they have something that wont sit in their bodies rotting (sounds good huh??) So little by little I'm changing their eating habits AT HOME......I can't control what they eat outside but as a mom and wife I feel its my duty to make sure they have a good healthy dinner waiting for them......=)

2 comments:

Iris said...

Oh that sounds so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMERS! Great job mama!

Papi's Girl said...

Great job. It does sound yummy. Brown rice pasta at Trader Joe's is way cheaper so next time you get a chance stock up there. :)