Monday, June 8, 2009

New foods for Gena

Im super duper excited!! Gena started eating salad!! ok let me start from the beginning.......well on saturday she asked if we can go to the Soup Plantation......we were like sure!! so off we went and before we got there I told her that she will need to start to try new things like salad and veggies she didnt say no so I thought maybe she wont fight me!! haha ok well we were in the line for salad I showed her her plate and informed her that her salad will go in here......so first I asked her to taste the lettuce....she loved it because it was crunchy and juicy haha ok well I then continued to have her taste cucumbers and zuccini and not once did she complain.. I added some sunflower seeds and she requested some broccoli........whaa!!!ok!! its raw so I wasnt sure shed like it she tasted it and ate it so I added some my husband also got some different dressings for her to try she liked the milky one (ranch) she actually dipped the broccoli in it!! she didnt finish it but she did try it!! YAY!!!

Why am I sooo excited? well if you know Gena she wont try new things unless you literally stuff it in her mouth and force her to try it.. we were visiting family in L.A and we were at this yummy pizza place well all of us got some salad and I mentioned to her that soon shell have to try it also she said nope not me! so for her to try it and like it its amazing!! jaja So we went to eat on anther night and I tild her from the start no fries..so I gave her the option between apple sauce or steamed broccoli she choose.......BROCCOLI I think its her new veggie........she ate it most of it that is.....shes only eaten her veggies in soups because its the only way to hide them so far.....well not anymore...!!! =) I hope she begins to choose more veggies to try I think it will make things easier for me so I wont feel like I have to cook differntly for her to substitute things....so now she knows if we have mac n cheese yes were adding broccoli =) thanks for reading

No comments: