Wednesday, June 3, 2009

HAVING A 9YR OLD!

I never thought Id see the day Akira turned 9 yes I knew it would be one day ofcourse but it seemed to farrrrrrrrrr away at the time.....let me take you back just a tad.......

I was 19 when I had Akira........she was my 2nd preg my first I miscarried...I found out I was pregnant with her and I was excited she wasnt a hard pregnancy .The week I had her was tough though........my doctor kept wondering if I was preg with twins see I was HUGE!! he measured me alot to be sure and did many ultrasounds (free) but nope just Mona was in there..One day I was in the shower and I got a big pain on my lower abd...lets say it was probable 05-29-00...called my ob and he sent me to the maternity ward I was hooked up to monitors to see what was going on.....everything was fine or so I thought he came in read the heart monitor for her and said Id need to come back after my Dr appt the next day.......I asked why he said her heart rate would drop when Id have a contraction ok well I didnt know I was having them they were the type that just made your tummy tighten. see her heart would drop and not come right back up which isnt good that day I was 36 1/2 weeks...the next day I went to my appt and he said hed see me at the maternity ward on Friday (it was thursday) since I wasnt having pain...well Friday am I and her dad went to the maternity ward we didnt eat because we planned to go after the appt.....when I walked in the nurses were joking that I was in a good mood for someone cking in I told them oh Im just here for monitoring Im not due yet!! well I was monitored and after which seemed forever the Dr came in and announced I needed to get a test done called an Amniocentises.........EEEEKKKKKKK! no it didnt hurt but they put this big long needle inside my tummy and collected liquid from the sac and ran it off to test to see if her lungs were mature so she can be born normal or C-section.....a few hrs later turns out her lungs were fine and oh yea 97% its a grl!! (there was confusion all the time she didnt shw comp) so they enduced me and on 06-2-00 Akira Monique was born at 6lbs 1 oz 18inches long her cord was sooooo short and I later found out that she couldve not made it I wasnt enduced scary!!! shes the best thing that happened to me at the time in my life because of her I went back to school and when things werent so good she was there to make me smile.......she became my strength when I left her dad.....

She wasnt a premiee she was a pre-term.....37weeks......shes still a handful but as she grws shes matured in so many ways shes still into little kids things but is now wanting to wear lip gloss and nail polish...yet she wants to be a tomboy which I was at a young age and didnt grw out of it well until way later!! My computer isnt allowing me to upload but when I do I will post some pixs of her......she asked me to take pixs of her the day before her b-day because she said its the last time shell be eating and so on as being 8 haha shes silly thank u for reading!!

2 comments:

Iris said...

I don't think I ever heard that story before. I didn't know you had miscarried your first. :( Well, you sure are a good mama. I am so happy to see Akira so grown up. I remember when she was just a little wee one. Now, she is so tall. She could practically be your sister! She's so pretty too!
Your birth story made my heart beat super fast. Next is Gena.

lynn said...

oh no no! Gena cant grow up Im not letting her!! haha J/K I dnt tell many about the mc....I told her about it jsut cuz she asked why she didnt have an older bro I told her what happened she now seems to believe if he was born hed be older we explained to her she wouldnt be here!! Id do it all over again....funny how kids give u strength when u thought u had none =) thank u.....I know im not perfect i make mistakes but I learn everyday ...yea!! ppl dnt think shes mine!! haha man she going to be taller than me .....