Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Enough

I've been struggling with my weight, I haven't gained but i wasn't loosing an it's become very frustrating. My goal was to loose enough weight for a sweet sixteen we were going to.... I wanted to look good and feel comfortable in my own skin, and dress. Well, I wasn't where I wanted to be ... The day came and to be honest I felt ugly. It was hard finding a dress that hid the imperfections my
body has from having a baby, yes the pooch.... I hated it, I would try a dress on and wanted to just cry... Inside I did I screamed kicked and told myself "see u shouldve wked harder!! " but I knew that I did what I could... I do have 3 kids and a full time job and a husband... Oni would never tell me that I was ugly, he loves me for me.... Skinny overweight it doesn't matter to him..... I'm my worst critic..... I knw that. I found a dress that would hide my tummy.... My arms also.... I wasn't 100% excited over it... But i had little time so I bought it. At the party I ate pretty good I didn't have cake or candy... I did hve some of the food and it was yum! I saw how great my cousins looked and had to remind myself they've been working longer on their goals.... I was told I looked good... I tried to feel good but it wasn't easy...

When we came back from the party I told myself "ok.... You need to make more of an effort to wkout" but it's hard not seeing my kids but I'm an example... I need to show my girls to take pride in their bodies and to take care of it. So yesterday I wnt to the gym, first time in a long time... I did the eliptical for 30min.. It felt awesome.. For dinner I had a salad chicken breast and steamed veggies all mixed together.... I ate and was full until I went to bed. I had a great convo with my cousin.... She's my go to on loosing baby weight she had a baby 2yrs ago and looks great.... I have 2 ppl that I feel are my support group lol they both have gone through the weight struggles...(cousins Monica and iris) I was nervous about dinner at first... Why? Hubbys a meat person but he ate it all up and was very supportive about me having 30-1hr a day for me to wkout... And also enjoyed dinner and asked me to continue to make dinner healthier.... It made me happy to know he's on my side:) I don't want to loose weight to quickly I want to do it the right way... I'm hoping I can keep this up.... My goal is to loose the remaining baby weight before Angel is 1:) txs for cking up on me.... I'll post pics soon

2 comments:

Iris said...

Lynnette-Another thing that has helped me lose besides the raw food diet, is counting my calories. I have 2 iPhone apps that I like to use. One is called Lose It! and the other is called Daily Burn. I just log my food intake. It tells you how many calories to consume based on your height and age, per day to lose 1-2 lbs per week. The caloried numbers depend on how much you want to lose. I think I started with 1/2 pound a week as my calories. It was easy.

Papi's Girl said...

Lynnette I think you looked great and pretty....not fat and ugly. I understand how you feel insecure...we all have those moments. I have gained weight and I am working on taking it off and getting back into a routine. Iris still has her days that she struggles too. It is part of raising a family, working and finding time to reach our personal goals. Plus we have emotionaly days especially when we give so much to others and have little to no time to nurture ourselves. But I think you are doing great. Just stay focused and keep pressing forward. Don't go back no matter what. Take one step at a time and push harder when you can. Love you. You can call me when ever you want too if you feel discouraged. :)