Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dealing with temptaions

Ok so last week I wrote down some personal goals and I wanted to give an update and how it went:

Last weeks goals:
I will snack before heading to anyones home
I will NOT have sweets unless it's just 1 and only on a weekend.
I will eat more healthy foods so I'm less tempted

How I did:
On Friday I went over to my sisters house.... she had pizza for the kids... I didnt have dinner yet so I had a couple of pieces and I wont lie some cookies and coffee =FAIL

A friend brought over some pan dulce.... I only had 1/4 of a concha... sooo partial FAIL

I have started having healthier snacks.... I started snacking on peanut butter and apples or whole wheat toast...I also eat a protein bar my kids eat the zbar its about 130cal....yes its for my grls BUT its sooo good and less calories than the adult ones! lol
ACHIEVED

Ok no Im not happy that I failed some of my goals.... BUT I will be honest that I AM happy that I havent bought ANY fastfood on the weekends ONLY on Fridays.... I decided to cook more at home...6days a week that has been achieved... if they want burgers....I will make them... its healthier and cheaper.. Im also only cooking chicken at home no red meat just once a week if that. I do make sure my kids have NO temptations at home last week I didnt buy any junk food.... I was wanting chips and salsa for a while sooo I had some corn tortillas at home so I cut them and put them in the broiler.... I had 2tbsp of salsa from Fresh and Easy...

NEW GOALS:

Keep cooking at home 6days a week
Make healthy choices when faced with tempations (half or less)
Contunie to wkout 5days a week burning atleast 400cal


I dont want to make outrageous goals....I dont have the time I need to wkout heavily, I do have a hard time avoiding certain foods just because my job is always having potlucks or birthdays.... I do my best when theses moments come....

Thanks for cking up on me

2 comments:

Iris said...

I know how you feel. It's hard to say no when it happens so often. You have the right idea, setting your goals and aiming to stick to them. Also, I like that you set your goals to "easy" mode, since your first priority is your baby for now. YOu are doing so well! You've already lost some weight !

Papi's Girl said...

We all have our moments when we give in to temptations. You didn't do so bad. You will learn to be more disciplined as time goes by. You are doing great with the goals you have set for yourself.

Every step you make in a positive direction will get you closer to your goals so just keep moving forward with intention. :)