Sunday, May 29, 2011

Randomness and more loss

Ok so a little update: I have lost a total of 7.8lbs I just need to loose 2oz more and its 8! haha Im now 32in on my waist.....woohoo! Ive been trying my best to eat healthy and avoid junk but I was on my YKW last week so if I wanted sweets I would have one..........and thats all..its not easy though. I do wkout 5 times a week but today I took the pups for a walk.

Lately I have been noticing things..... why do ppl just stand in front of a vending machine and look at it like the choice will be made for them.......one day I was in our lunchroom and theres a vending machine in there...I was getting water...and someone walked in and put money into the machine and just stared at it.... I just stood there and wondered if they were going to choose or just stand there....first of all this person is a nurse... so maybe shed choose something healthy??? NO! she choose cookies.... and it made me wonder....why do ppl in healthcare decide to eat and smoke or even have unhealthy lifestyles? Being educated in health should mean youd choose better right? When I was in school to become an MA I would see instructors smoking outside.... I was only 19, just had Akira and didnt know much about eating or being healthy.....but I did wonder why they would choose to smoke knowing it causes cancer....and why they would eat foods that can cause weight gain and health problems.... No Im not perfect I did at one point smoke but I stopped... I do sometimes eat unhealthy foods but not everyday and I do try to make sure I move around to prevent major health problems. I am more educated about health....Im even wanting to study nutrition....I want to know more....Im just amazed that ppl who are more educted than me still choose foods that arent the best for them. Ppl normally say oh its for energy.....but they should know to choose foods that arent full of sugar....I dont always choose correct foods for me either...but I do fill up on foods that arent full of saturated fats....I eat what I would want my kids to eat....they eat foods that are healthy for them..... not always but about 92% of the time they do.

Ok thats the randomness.............I might not make alot of sense but its just something I was wondering about =)

thanks for listening! ha

2 comments:

Papi's Girl said...

You make perfect sense. The funny and sad thing is that many healthcare professionals are not educated about nutrition. Many doctors just prescribe drugs instead of examining the patients diet and lifestyle first. It is a sad but true issue that is costing this nations billions of dollars.

You should study nutrition it would help a lot with some of the medical issues our family deals with.

Iris said...

Great job Lynnette! You lost 8 lbs in my book! :D