Friday, June 24, 2011

I finally knocked down my wall =)

Don't get me wrong, No I'm not a professional nutritionist (although Id love to be) but when I hit a wall I decided to change my routine of food and wkouts, yes I was hesitant.......I didn't want to gain anymore weight (I gained 2lbs ) and I didn't want to be stuck where I was..........so I did some research.
I'm sure MANY if not ALL of you already know this....but like many of us we try to avoid the truth and want to do things our way because well we know how to right? Well this mentality got me to where I am....stuck.
I use to eat a piece of bread with butter spray (I cant believe its not butter its 0cal) and my coffee for breakfast, yes that's all and mainly because I don't have time to make me a good breakfast in the morning I wake up really early and have to be at work at 6am..... (does the excuse sound familiar?) I would still wkout 3times a day in 2 15min intervals and 1 30min and would burn 450-600cal a day.
I would be soooo hungry that all my snacks would be gone and I would be hungry when I got home at 2:30pm that I would just snack, I would ask myself "OK self.........why? why are you getting back into your old habits? Your NOT pregnant anymore so you need to stop eating like it" One day I just realized what I had to do.........I started prepping my foods the night before (Id do this already but I now included breakfast) I would wake up early enough and make myself my 2egg whites with chopped bellpepper and onions and I would still have my Italian roll and BOOM an eggwhite sandwich and my coffee........DELICIOUS! Another thing I changed, I would eat EVERY 2hours......You heard me....every 2hours I would eat or snack....ok my snacks are pretty healthy and I still drank my water and coffee. I have been doing this all week and still workout the same amount and guess what? My scale is moving to the right direction again, I lost the 2lbs I gained and I'm now ounces away from being out of the 140's.
I had my son 7mon ago .....I never knew how to loose and keep the weight off until about 2yrs ago, I was determined to not spend 4yrs loosing the baby weight.....I am meeting my goals, slowly but they are being done. I know its easy to skip meals, its easy to eat out more...but fast food has tons of sodium and you can never be sure 100% what is in the food...........Yes I still eat out but I cook at home 6days a week....always chicken so redmeat is only about 1 a month or so..Im glad my scale is moving again and I'm glad I found a way to keep it moving =)

2 comments:

Papi's Girl said...

Good job prima. I am happy you are seeing improvement. We each have our goals and food plays a big part of them. Eating the right combonation of food is what gets our bodies to where we want them.

I know prepping the night before takes time but the time is well worth it. Good job.

Iris said...

OMG this is an awesome job! You found your way out of the maze so fast too. You're so smart. I love that you research and read to find your answers. Most people would just pout and not force change. Good job, you've come a long way on this journey and are not far from the end :D GREAT JOB!